CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

change -i hate you. hate is a very strong word, and i hardly ever use it, but in this case, you deserve it. i hate it that you make me change -but even more so, i hate myself for being changeable. it feels so non-committal and insincere. how can i be so set, so secure, so comfortable -then you come along, whip everything out from under my toes, and yes, i spend some time on the floor, but eventually i get up again and i'm fine. i hate it that i can be fine. then not fine. then fine again. life is full of you. if life were a monopoly game, you'd have double hotels on not only boardwalk and park place, but all the greens and yellows as well. if we weren't able to get over you, mr. change (yes, change is a guy) we wouldn't be able to survive, i do know this. if we couldn't come to love a person and then learn to live without them, we wouldn't be able to cope with life. but i hate it. i hate it that i'm ok without loved ones, and i hate it that in the coming months and years, i'll learn to live without people who once held my world together. yes mr. change, i hate you.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I can feel your pain in dealing with change just by reading what you wrote. Change is difficult and while I have liked most the changes I have had so far in life, at the same time I miss the way things used to be sometimes.